Blizzard announced the release of their World of Warcraft: Legion expansion on August 6th. This is the sixth expansion for this franchise. I have played every expansion of this franchise and I’m looking forward to another one.
This is blizzards first attempt at releasing the expansions sooner than they have done in the past. They seem to have a steady system for the amount of raids each expansion will have. Warlords of Draneor which is the current expansion has three raids which have been completed by some of the top guilds already. They announced that they like this three raid system and will continue using it in the upcoming expansions.
The Emerald Nightmare is a raid with seven bosses. This is a raid that has been talked about throughout the story on countless occasions. There is a huge excitement behind finally getting to see what the Emerald Dream will look like.
Surmar Palace will have ten boss encounters and is the second raid of this upcoming expansion. Not much is known about this raid yet. They have also not announced what the final raid will be either, but they did hint at something in the cinematic trailer.
Illidan was the final boss in the first expansion The Burning Crusade. Gul’dan who was responsible for all the chaos in the current expansion has found his tomb and released him. They still haven’t announced what his role will be in the expansion. With his return also comes a new Hero class called Demon Hunters.
- Demon Hunters will start somewhere around level 95 to 100.
- Glaives are a new type of weapon that Demon Hunters use. They are a pair that comes together and fills both slots. In the future, Demon Hunters might dual wield the standard agility weapons. (Currently the class page has different information)
- The Demon Hunter Artifact glaives can be see in some of the character creation screenshots for Demon Hunters.
- The team talked about having the Demon Hunter wear mail, but it didn't fit the class identity.
- Demon Hunters are agile, so they will be wearing leather. This isn't a huge problem now that Personal Loot is used in most places.
- The Demon Hunter is going to be a very agile class, so tanks may have lots of Dodge and Parry mechanics for their tanking style.
- For now, Demon Hunters are the only ones who get tattoos.
- Demon Hunter has been considered since Wrath of the Lich King. It finally fit the expansion's story and theme, which is why it can be added now.
- In order to fight demons, Illidan had to partner with demons. He had to sacrifice many things for great power and so do the Illidari, which is why Demon Hunters look somewhat like Illidan.
They are trying something new with this class by only having two class specializations, Havok for dps and Vengeance for tank. I am looking forward to playing this class. The last hero class that was released back in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion was Death Knights and they were overpowered on release. I believe the same thing will occur again. It is hard to fine-tune a character that has to fit into existing rules. There will also be a flood of these characters on release of the expansion. Every will flock to this new class at first, which is why I will focus on my main character for the first month my balance druid.